Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009


it is already 2009. life is moving so fast. it was yesterday in 2004 i graduated from duke. last night in 2006 i married my best friend. and early this morning in 2007 i took on the biggest challenge of my life (my church). i am floored by how quickly all these milestones have fled by...how could it possibly be 2009?

and yet, this sunday is the first sunday of the new year and i know God has amazing things in store...for our church...for my family...for little old me...and i know it will all pass like a vapor.

i cannot bring myself to have any "resolutions." my whole life is one resolution after another...falling, standing up, moving forward, being pushed back, taking a break along the way while sometimes seeing the cross cleary - other times...not so much...

my only prayer is that at the end of this year i will be closer to the One who formed me from the clay than i am today...

peace to your whole being - body, mind, and spirit. happy new year.

No comments: