Tuesday, January 22, 2008

LIFE THAT IS LIFE


i've been sick for two days...not having more energy than what i needed to squeak out the things i've HAD to do - like go to the bathroom or let the dog out or do the one or two things for church that could not wait...
sickness flattens and humbles me - it reminds me how blessed i am most of the time and how often i take it for granted.
so tonight i go to sleep hoping that tomorrow i will feel better...that my body will not ache and my throat will not feel as though a blow torch has seared it....tomorrow morning i may awake and have the energy to take my beautiful dog for a walk and enjoy the sunshine that got mistakenly sent to the light starved northwest in january (or perhaps this sunshine has been a mercy...)...perhaps all light and life is nothing but mercy.

1 comment:

CohibAA said...

Hope you feel better!