Thursday, March 29, 2007

NEW HOUSE, GREAT QUOTES, AND THE CASCADES


first, exciting news: we have placed on offer on another house...a cute little thang with a garden, fruit trees, a front door with a tree carved into it, and territorial views - i am so excited to live in such a beautiful place. more later.

yesterday was my second full day at church - it continues to be a blessing...at times overwhelming to think of all the work that needs to be done...here are a couple "fun" quotes from my short tenure there...

"if God can speak through an ass, then who are we to say who can preach?"

"i don't care if you're 12, God sent you to us."

the beautiful thing about these quotes is that they are evidence of God changing peoples hearts. both of the men who spoke these things just weeks ago were dead set against female pastors and - without a debate, without a fight - God showed them His plan. it reminded me that i never have to take up my own defenses...God is my defender...I never have to prove my validity...just be faithful.

with that - here is a beautiful nugget from dueteronomy - But from there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him. -Duet. 1:29

1 comment:

kylee said...

I am praying for you on your first Sunday, a blessed palm Sunday